i am...

My photo
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
i'm the Director of Camp Wapiti and i have the best job in the universe. yes, the whole universe.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

wow, i'm a manager now...

it's true. last thursday i went through my final assessment and apparently did okay. my store also opened on thursday while i was finishing up in edmonton. my team at the store has been working long and hard days and they are getting tired. but they've done an amazing job. i can't believe that it's here already, i'm a store manager for starbucks, and i'm actually in my store now...

on the upside - it's a beautiful store, the location can't be beat, everyone loves the patio and the view (from the store, we look out over South Bear Creek - it's great), and all of the machines work as they're brand new.

on the downside - i have no idea what i'm doing. i'm trying to relearn how to make drinks and operate tills and run drive-thru, etc and make sure that people get their breaks and make sure that we actually make money. it's crazy.

i know i'll learn it all as we move ahead. and i know that we'll only be short-staffed for a short amount of time. i've got a great core of people around me, including my assistant manager and my shift supervisor, they're pretty much the best thing since sliced bread, and they're sticking with me. i can't wait till it all "clicks" in my head though. i'll be jumping up and down when my "Ah-ha" moment hits.

No comments: