i am...

My photo
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
i'm the Director of Camp Wapiti and i have the best job in the universe. yes, the whole universe.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

i've been inspired...

i just had a worship experience. let me set the stage for you. there's a guy in our church community, his name i'm going to protect for now (i'm not sure he'd want me to make a stink of who he is, because he'd want it known that this is God working in him) and he is a worship leader. i love it when he leads in worship service. people just respond to the ministry he brings. God has worked in his life and it's as evident as the Scriptures say it should be.



he brought some songs that he recorded in his living room - worship songs and songs of going through dark times. i see so much of the Holy Spirit in this guy's life. i am inspired by his honesty and his passion for life, his family and especially God. i want that in my life.



i sometimes feel like i've been doing things backwards. like i've been put into ministry and leadership positions without really understanding how all of those things work and how God can really move in them. i desire to have the life that the Scriptures say that people will see and know God is in the room. but i don't want to fake it. maybe it's time i let myself try it though. maybe i've been holding myself back from it for fear of coming across fake.



maybe it's an issue of whether i think i can be comforted by God or not. whether or not he can really heal my insides, my heart. He does it for others, but not me, certainly not my life. "all praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the source of every mercy and the God who comforts us. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. when others are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us." (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)



maybe...





powered by performancing firefox

No comments: