i am...

My photo
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
i'm the Director of Camp Wapiti and i have the best job in the universe. yes, the whole universe.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

a confession...

i've realized something the last few days. i'm a big barrier against the growth of my ministry. i think, whether i like it or not, i've got a few mental barriers that are inhibiting me and the way that i approach ministry. i think too small, my plans depend too much on me, i think that the only way something's going to work is if i'm actually there and involved in it.

the reality is that things have gone just fine for the 50 years of my (local) church's existence and i was largely unaware of its presence. it doesn't really make much sense that its growth would depend after all this time on little old me. funny, i know that i'm saying these words and writing them out, but something tells me that getting over this "hump" is going to take a lot more than this.

it's a good thing that God is as powerful as He is, because His movement is necessary in order for growth in any of this. Thank God for His Spirit, His Presence, and His Grace. i'm really starting to feel like some real movement is happening in these days.

on another note, my son is still growing and getting bigger and bigger. He turns 4 months old on saturday and he already weighs over 19 pounds and is 27 inches long. the little moose is off the charts. i can't wait to see how he grows.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I can't wait to see how he grows too. I love you . You should post pictures.

Fred and Wendy said...

That's a great moment when we all realize that this is about what God is doing, not what we are doing! Isn't it freeing? Yeah, that's right - take the pressure off yourself...watch what God is doing thru you!

Yahoo...you've got me excited about how God is going to use this fresh insight.