i am...

My photo
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
i'm the Director of Camp Wapiti and i have the best job in the universe. yes, the whole universe.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

ramblings

1 corinthians 2:14 says this, "the man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolish to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned."

to me things seem to be 20/20 in hindsight. i'm not sure if that true for everyone, but it is for me. as i look back over my life and think about how my life has changed as a result of God's involvement in my life, i can see places where he's opened my eyes to some things i wouldn't have seen before.

i love to spend time with people. i love to teach about God's word. i react when i hear stories of injustice and poverty. if someone is in need of something, i want to try and get it to them. i believe one of the greatest ministries i can provide people is the ministry of presence. i don't know how often i've been told, thanks for being there.

as i move through life, God opens my eyes to more and more. sometimes to things that i don't like to see. especially when its about me. i like to control what goes on in my life, and i like to dictate where i go and what i do. but at the same time i get scared. scared of how i'll look in a situation, or how people will see me. God's been working on this too, but there's still a long way to go. sometimes i feel like the things that God is asking me to work on only affect me. that they never happen to anyone else in the world. i don't know how to get over that. maybe that's the best part about being in my church and part of the community i'm in now. there's just a sense that they're going through something - maybe not the same thing - too. i love my church. i love the church. it's moving as we speak.

No comments: